Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Ghaf Tree Vandalism


Posted by Picasa
Hi you all,
Today, I went out to the Ghaf tree expecting 14 knots but Windfinder seriously lied. It was closer to 4 knots. Arriving at the Ghaf tree I was shocked or rather angry at branches that had been hacked off of it. A lot of the branches were on the ground around the tree but I cleared those up into a heap as you can see in the pics.We quizzed the camel herders why someone would do it and they pointed further in the direction of the Buggydrome and said the people that did it have no brains.They too were obviously annoyed by this pointless act and told the people that were hacking at the tree to stop.

I think I know the people that did it. They are in a camel farm about another 3 or 4 kms further along.

It was sad to see the branches on the floor along with bird nests that they cut down with the branches.
To add mot misery already on the abhorrent act, the wind was awful.
My top speed for you record Wendy was only 39.8 kph. In the whole of last year I only had one session that was below 40 kph and that was on 17 October 2008.
Cheers
Dave

|

1 comments:

FluffyWOO said...

SY - It looks like someone has taken a big bite out of it...